Tuesday, September 28, 2010

community

Sunday, September 12, 2010 (7:35 a.m.)

Our Father ~

Our God Lord, will You talk to me this morning about community? Being inclusive?

So often I speak of You as MINE ~ separate. Alone. All by myself. I don’t think that’s the way You designed us. In fact ~ I’m sure it isn’t! Genesis 2:18, “The Lord God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him’.”

Isaac prayed a blessing of community over Jacob, “May God Almighty bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples” (Genesis 28:3). Blessed God, You Yourself changed Jacob’s name to Israel (Genesis 35:10) before announcing to him, “I am God Almighty; be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you and kings will come from your body.” (v.11)

In preparing to bless Joseph’s sons Manasseh and Ephraim, “Jacob said to Joseph, ‘God Almighty appeared to me at Luz in the land of Canaan, and there He blessed me’” (Genesis 48:3) He went on to repeat Your blessing of making him fruitful with an increase of numbers and making him a community of peoples.

With You Yourself commanding community I know it’s not something I should ignore. Lord, I’ve watched You work in my life, changing me in so many ways. Tomorrow do You think we can talk about ‘fellowship’? I love You.

(244 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment