Saturday, November 19, 2016

want

Saturday, November 5, 2016 (7:32 a.m.)
Hotel Del Mar
Barcelona, Spain
Holy God ~

Thank You! Thank You for Your love. And joy. Peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control (Galatians 5:22). I confess ~ I've missed out on a few of those the past few days.

Thursday, the third, we arrived in Barcelona. Friday, the fourth we were still here. I, on the other hand, had my hopes set a few miles north and several grapevines away from here.

Thank You Father that You DO know best! Thank You that I can learn more about myself in uncomfortable situations. Thank You that You continue Your work in me even [especially?] when I suffer through malcontent.

Yes ~ malcontent? Is that the word? Not knowing exactly what I want. But not liking what I have. Oh ~ and wanting others to want the same as I, even though I don't know what that might be.

Feelings of insecurity and fear jumped up quickly in me as we disembarked the safety of the ship we had considered home base for a week. Cultural differences, a language barrier and the big city feel all worked together to topple my quick resolve.

Again I thank You for knowing what is best. I don't like to risk. I prefer to settle and make the best of any given situation. Do what You must to change me as You wish.

We have another brand new day in a city that is loved by many. Empower and embolden me to embrace every single opportunity You send my way.

I confess to preferring to sit apart and watch the world go by. Trying new tastes, experiencing new flavors has been great, provided someone else was leading the way on each occasion.

Today, let me breathe You in deeply. Yes! Thank You for the immediate smile that reminds me of Your presence. Truly You soothe my soul.

Thank You for this perfect little curtained alcove in which to sit communing with You and watching one tiny section of the city go by.

Thank You for the weather we've had. Thank You for two little boys who've behaved remarkably well under all the circumstances of change from their norm. Thank You for their five adults who have worked together to break and spell one another adequately. Thank You for this particular portion of family who is learning to be exactly that ~ this particular portion of family!

Father ~ we have a LONG way to go in becoming the people You would have us be. Thank You for Your willingness in accepting us exactly as we are, with which to begin.

Truly Father God ~ we love You. We want to love You and each other better than we do. You are the key. Your love. Your joy. Your kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control all serve to teach us.

Show us what You want for us this day. Yes ~ Daddy God, I want what You want for us. Make it so Blessed God. Make me so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(8:11 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment