Wednesday, November 30, 2016

rapt attention

Monday, November 28, 2016 (7:44 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You for the rain we've had. Thank You for the cold. Thank You for the experience You and I had with the very early moon yesterday morning. I admit to trying to relive it again much earlier, to no avail.

Thank You for that brief moment yesterday when it truly felt as though You were smiling at me. First there was the curiosity I had as I wondered about the faint round object I was seeing in the southern eastern sky.

As the mist began to clear I saw just a sliver of light begin at the bottom. My attention grew ever more rapt as the brightness of the waning crescent reached its maximum, before the clouds moved in to interrupt my view.

Holy God, thank You for allowing me such a moment of sheer joy and excitement. I love You so very much and I desperately want to share that type of delight with others. You are good and deserve all of our praise and thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment