Monday, November 21, 2016

God's perfect timing

Monday, November 14, 2016 (6:01 a.m.)
Blessed God,

Thank You. Thank You for the genuine desire to come into Your presence. Thank You for the privilege of reading Your Word.

Thank You Father that You always have something for us. Thank You that we DO find You when we seek You in earnest (Jeremiah 29:13).

Mm. So many thank yous.
(7:21 a.m.)

There is such a peace that washes over me when I read Your Word.

I sit. And think. Read. Ponder. Hope. Trust. Believe. Thank You Father. Thank You that this morning I consider David's words in Psalm 37.

The Life Recovery Bible comment (37:1-7) tells us, “Do not worry... do things that have lasting value... determine to serve Him [You] in everything you do. Then, in God's perfect timing, we will experience the true joy God promises and freedom from the guilt heaped on us by others.”

Mm, Blessed Father God, yes please. Sign me up for Your true joy!

Thank You for the hopefulness that is found in believing You at Your Word. And I do. Illustrated Bible Handbook for Psalm 37 tells us, “David exhorts patience and trust when pressures come. The theme 'wait for the Lord' is repeated, with warning against hasty action. This is an important psalm for anyone wronged by others.”

Mm, yes. Patience. Trust. Waiting. Yes.

Here I ask You to work in me that I would truly 'delight myself in You' (v. 4, KJV). I don't necessarily know exactly what that even means. But it sure sounds good.

Other versions for this verse use the phrases: “Enjoy serving the LORD,” (Easy-to-Read Version); “Be happy with the LORD,” (GOD'S WORD); “Seek your happiness in the LORD,” (Good News Translation); “Get insurance with GOD and do a good deed,” (The Message); and this from The Voice, “Take great joy in the Eternal!”

Yes! Father, please. I long to take great joy in You. Continue teaching me to fully trust in Your perfect timing. I love You. I thank You. And how I look to You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(348 words ~ 8:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment