Monday, November 21, 2016

glory be

Saturday, November 19, 2016 (5:35 a.m.)
Homewood Suites by Hilton
Vancouver, WA
Incredibly Loving God,

Thank You. Mm, yes. Genuinely. Readily. Excitedly. Thank You!

Thank You for the lesson You taught me yesterday of the importance of simply learning to praise You. Thank You that in the middle of this past night I found myself singing both the Doxology and Gloria Patri from my youth.

How cool is it that we get to come before You exactly as we are! This is still a concept I trip over often. Thank You that it's when I don't try to make sense of things that I am most wowed by You.

There is so very much I don't understand. So often I compare my offerings to You with those of others. And then on occasion [like yesterday] I remember that I am here to praise You. You from Whom all blessings flow.

Blessed Father God, thank You. Really, truly thank You. Today I am asking quite simply that You will continue Your work in teaching me to readily and easily praise You with a wholehearted, “Glory be!” Or even an occasional full on, “Hallelujah!”

Holy God, You are so good. You are so deserving of our praise. I have so many songs singing in my head right now. Each one wanting to go first.

Here again I turn to You and to Your Word. Psalm 150:6, “Let everything that lives sing praises to the LORD! Praise the LORD!” As well as Psalm 19:14. “May the words of my mouth and the thoughts of my heart be pleasing to You, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.”

Indeed, Blessed God. My Rock. My Redeemer. Be glorified. Yes. Glory be! I love You. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.
(295 words ~ 7:37 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment