Wednesday, November 30, 2016

harnessing God's power

Tuesday, November 29, 2016 (7:41 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy, Father God,

Your Word tells us not to grow weary of doing good (2 Thessalonians 3:13). We learned a bit about this on Sunday. It struck a chord with me then as it does now.

Father, I confess to having grown weary. And afraid. Sad. Discouraged. That list could continue ad nauseam. Truly. The concern I feel for friends and family deepens daily.

I come before You. Read Your Word. Get excited. Say a resounding “Yes!” Complete with fist pump. And then it wanes.

I leave Your Word, when in actuality I desperately want to live Your Word! It's Your power I need. Help me harness it Father.

Yes Holy God! Your power. Your strength. Your promises.

Isaiah 40:28-29 reminds us, “Have you never heard or understood? Don't you know that the LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of all the earth? He never grows faint or weary. No one can measure the depths of His understanding. He gives power to those who are tired and worn out; He offers strength to the weak.”

Illustrated Bible Handbook calls You “Israel's Sovereign Lord, who lifts up the weary and who renews the strength of those who find hope in Him!” It goes on in encouraging us to remember, “He has not forgotten You but is available to renew your strength and to lift you up when you stumble.”

Thank You Father. I bring before You my heart filled with concern for loved ones and strangers alike. You are our hope. You are our power. Empty us of our fears and doubt so that You can fill us with the strength of Your mighty power (Ephesians 6:10).

As often as You must, please remind me that 'greater is He who is in me, than he who is in the world (1 John 4:4 New American Standard Bible).

It's a scary time here in the world. Thank You for Your Son's message to His followers in John 16:33. “I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

As we continue preparing our hearts and home for His coming I quote here Revelation 22:20b, “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” Yes! Please. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(394 words ~ 9:38 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment