Monday, November 21, 2016

"Let the praise begin"

Saturday, November 12, 2016 (5:02 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

Good morning. Hi. Hello. I'm here. In body. Not yet in spirit.

That confessed, I turn to You. Yes Father. I struggle for the optimism with which to say thank You. Preliminary plans have been changed and I find myself resisting. Even the beauty of the sunrise only momentarily took my breath away.

Work in me I pray. The tears are coming. And now falling. I recognize the concern I have for the future of this country. I want to trust You to know and do all that is best for us.

Where I can begin is with the phrase that just popped into my mind, “let the praise begin”. Yes! Father. Thank You. Genuinely. Authentically. Thank You.

Thank You that the phrase comes from a 1981 Psalty the Singing Songbook recording. (Don't You Know) It's Time to Praise the Lord Thank You for the very necessary reminder that Yes! It is DEFINITELY time to praise You, Lord.

I don't have to figure all this out. I don't have to be afraid. I am to praise You. Give thanks in all things. Empower me to do exactly this. Let the praise begin, Blessed God. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(209 words ~ 7:13 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment