Monday, November 21, 2016

peace of mind and heart

Monday, November 21, 2016 (7:25 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy God,

It's rainy! Yea! Thank You God.
(7:52 a.m.)

Permission to speak freely? My thoughts, much like my emotions change as much as the weather. Sunny and bright followed by dark and gloomy.

There is so much with which to be concerned O Lord. Health troubles of others. Weather related problems. Upcoming holidays and very different traditions.

Yes. Very different traditions. Hmm. Holy God, I am looking to You for peace of mind. And heart.

(8:12 a.m.)
And You do not disappoint!

Thank You that I get to choose. Be afraid? Or, fear not!

The sun is shining through the clouds. You remind us so very often of Your goodness. Your grace. Your very presence.

We do not have to be fearful. Or alone. Jesus told His disciples, “I am leaving you with a gift – peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give isn't like the peace the world gives. So don't be troubled or afraid” (John 14:27).

Reading The Life Recovery Bible's comment for this verse sends me once again over to chapter 16, verse 33. “I have told You all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Holy God, thank You that You are ultimately in charge. There are so very many circumstances of which we can be afraid, worried or anxious. OR we can look to You to provide us with peace of mind and heart.

Turning to The Message I read Jesus' words in John 14, beginning at verse 25. “I'm telling you these things while I'm still living with you. The Friend, the Holy Spirit who the Father will send at my request, will make everything plain to you. He will remind you of all the things I have told you. I'm leaving you well and whole. That's my parting gift to you. Peace. I don't leave you the way you're used to being left – feeling abandoned, bereft. So don't be upset. Don't be distraught.”

Wow! Praise You Father! Thank You for having every single one of our concerns covered by Your perfect peace (Isaiah 26:3). Thank You that we are invited by You and Your Word to trust our hearts and minds to You and receive Your perfect peace.

Thank You Father. Praise You. Use me this day EXACTLY as You wish. I love You. I thank You. Amen.
(419 words ~ 9:04 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment