Friday, June 11, 2010

waiting

Friday, June 11, 2010 (6:43 a.m.)

Strength will rise,

As we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord

So talk to me about this waiting Lord. Wow! No sooner said than done, huh? Thank You Father! Thank You that with the goose egg (zero) I got from entering ‘wait upon the Lord’ and the overload of verses that came up under ‘waiting’ as I continued the search by what appeared to be Your individual direction, I came to Psalm 27:14.

Just as I started becoming calmed by it, I got excited, then relaxed, then hopeful, then strong [Violet Beauregard, just before she turns into a blueberry in Willy Wonka, immediately comes to mind J] Lord, I LOVE how I get to have fun with You!

Thank You for guiding and directing my heart exactly as You know it needs to be led. Left to my own devices I could become angry, resentful, sullen... But You have so much more for me! You know that I need to be reminded by King David’s prayer of confidence in You that I am to “Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”

I confess to You Lord, I DO get tired of waiting! I stay the course, hope the hopes, but still get tired and discouraged by the waiting. Thank You that You are here to remind me that in You I can ‘remain confident’ (v.3) because You are who You are!

Too often I forget the truth of verse four, “The one thing I ask of the Lord – the thing I seek most – is to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, delighting in the Lord’s perfection and meditating in His Temple.” There’s so much peace that comes over me as I dig deeper into Your Word and trust that You really do know what You are doing in us and through us!

You DO “Listen to my pleading, O Lord. Be(ing) merciful and answer(ing) me!” (v.7) “My heart HAS heard You say, ‘Come and talk with me.’ And my heart (DOES) respond, ‘Lord, I am coming.’” (v. 8) What a blessing You are Dear Lord. What a privilege it is to come before You hurt and scared asking You to “Teach me to live, O Lord. Lead me along the path of honesty, for my enemies are waiting for me to fall.” (v.11) In this particular instance I would look at ‘enemies’ as being far more spiritual than earthly, but true enemies none-the-less!

As I look to You praying verse twelve, “Do not let me fall into their hands. For they accuse me of things I’ve never done and breathe out violence against me” I get to rejoice in the truth of verse thirteen! “Yet I am confident that I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.”

Why? All because You are teaching me to “Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.”

Hmm. Thank You Lord for prompting me this morning to come running to You believing that Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer…

Thank You for helping me learn the importance of waiting. Help me keep practicing being patient in my waiting. I love You so much Dearest Lord. Thank You. Amen.

(597 words ~ 8:03 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment