Thursday, June 10, 2010

chains

Thursday, June 10, 2010 (5:45 a.m.)

Blessed Lord God,

You are good! GOOD good! Thank You!

An emotionally painful event at dinner, followed by hurt feelings, much silence and very little sleep. Yet here I am relating to You again as the defeating blows of a video game the other night. Chains were broken, evil squashed and I thought of You. Just now, remembering the graphic details of ultimate good destroying its archenemy again a song came to mind.

Praise is rising, eyes are turning to You, We turn to You, Hope is stirring, hearts are yearning for You, We long for You ‘Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your presence all our fears are washed away Washed away Hosanna Hosanna You are the God who saves us, Worthy of all our praises Hosanna Hosanna Come have Your way among us We welcome You here Lord Jesus

How cool are You Dear Lord?

(6:52 a.m.)

SO cool! There is no disrespect or blaspheming going on here when I liken life with You to a video game. There are battles, defeat, new life, ultimate good and evil. Only when all the battles are fought and victory secured as the game designers have preconceived it is the game complete.

Hear the sound of hearts returning to You We turn to You In Your Kingdom broken lives are renewed You make us new ‘Cause when we see You, we find strength to face the day In Your presence, all our fears are washed away Washed away

Last night, I can tell You Lord, I was NOT afraid! I experienced Your presence right in the battle with an evil spirit. I was able to remain calm, call upon Your holy name, pray, read Your Word. The conclusion definitely didn’t turn out as I had hoped but I didn’t crumble. I did NOT revert to the old pattern of name-calling and door slamming. I absolutely was reminded of what love truly is according to 1Corinthians 13:4-8. I remembered that we are to take our stand in You and NOT in fertilizer. This is all growth Lord. New growth. Real growth. Chains to the past are being broken. Destroyed. Never to be used the same again. There will be more battles, of this there is no doubt. How I thank and praise You for the practice that last night gave us.

You are such a good and holy, mighty, powerful, loving God! Hosanna Hosanna You are the God who saves us Worthy of all our praises… Come have Your way among us We welcome You here Lord Jesus…

Thank You Lord for giving us Your strength and power to break the chains that keep us bound to negative, life sucking, automatic behaviors. You are good. You are mighty. You are holy. And I love You! Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(484 words ~ 7:16 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment