Thursday, June 3, 2010

joy

Thursday, June 3, 2010 (7:42 a.m.)

Good Morning Lord,

I’m finding lots of other stuff to do this morning instead of just coming here and spending time with You. Not the way I really like to start any day. I MUCH prefer it when I just come right straight over to You!

I was really excited through the night when my mind kept being brought back from its wandering into the distant land of “But, what about…?”s by the melody of another song to You. I was even more pleased when I finally recognized the praise as being Let God arise So why did I just feel discouraged when I saw that I had been singing it to You on Tuesday?

I watch as the clock continues ticking minutes by and I wonder if this is going to be another one of those days where I give myself yet one more pass and not fully accomplish anything. That is why I’m here rambling with You Lord. I want to think and feel and be and do all the things YOU have for me. Align my will with Yours so that I can experience Your peace that passes understanding.

Oh most dear and beloved God. Thank You! Thank You for singing to me throughout the night so that I could quiet enough to sleep. And thank You for guiding me just now to Philippians 4:7, stopping along the way to examine other thoughts as well. Chapter 3 speaks of “Joy through Commitment”.

Blessed God. Truly I don’t know where to go from here. I sit. I read Your Word. I get excited and ambitious. And then I start to fizzle out. I know You are good! I experience Your faithfulness. I just don’t know what to do with it. I want to apply the time, talent, energy and resources You have provided me toward heavenly things. But instead I fritter them away.

Lord I am asking You to work in me. Help me even more than You already have been in making healthier choices. You have a lot for me to learn and to know. Make it so I am able to hold tightly only to the things to which You would have me hold tightly and then to let go of all the rest.

I truly DO love the work You are doing in me! There is definitely underlying peace and joy abounding within. I don’t want to waste or squander any of it Lord. You are so good. Empower and enable to feel and be and think and do all that YOU desire of and for me this day. I love You so much Lord. Don’t let me waste a moment of it! Thank You. Amen.

(457 words ~ 8:49 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment