Wednesday, June 9, 2010

uttering

Wednesday, June 9, 2010 (6:54 a.m.)

Oh Most Dear and Loving Lord,

Thank You for another day of waking up and praising Your most holy name. Thank You for the soft uttering of You are the defender of the weak and the means with which to locate the lyrics in practically no time at all.

Lord You are so awesome! What a joy it is to stir throughout the night and find myself thinking of You each time. Even watching as chains were broken in the two-year conclusion of a video game had me thinking only of You and Your mighty power.

I look around me Lord and I continue to feel dismayed by my seeming lack of progress in the things I used to find important (e.g. dusting, vacuuming, laundry, precision yard work). But then I consider all the ways You’ve been working in me to be able to see what truly is of importance. People. Relationships. You. Above all else, YOU!

Lord, I can’t even begin to express the excitement in my heart at this very moment. Just by concordancing [no, I did NOT know that was a word! J] this one word, I found only two verses in three translations and each one has me in tears. You are such a good and awesome God!

Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord We will wait upon the Lord Our God, You reign forever Our hope, our Strong Deliverer You are the Everlasting God The Everlasting God You do not faint You won’t grow weary… You’re the defender of the weak You comfort those in need You lift us up on wings like eagles

(8:40 a.m.)

After a time away of breakfast making and kitchen straightening I’m back to continue thanking and praising You for guiding me first to Acts 9:1 and then to Isaiah 59:13. Lord, paying close attention to the word ‘uttering’ has brought me to two verses that normally I might just pass over. Sweetest Jesus how I thank You for providing me with the hope that is needed to be able to deal honestly, openly and willingly with all the situations and decisions that we encounter on a daily basis.

Lord, I love You so much and am so very grateful for all You are and all You do to continue guiding and directing us on Your path of righteousness. Deal with me as You see fit this day. Help me approach what needs my attention. Keep me realistic in my expectations of that which I am fully capable (within Your strength and power, of course!).

I love You. I need You. I thank You. Amen.

(450 words ~ 8:56 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment