Tuesday, June 8, 2010

future

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 (6:47 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

Thank You.

(7:17 a.m.)

Again I struggle with the direction I think I want to go here and promptings I sense from You. Let me just stop and acknowledge all of the above.

First I started out singing God is the strength of my heart and I was sure that’s where You’d take me. Then I saw the date and recognized it as a family member’s birthday. As well as its being election day. Both are worthy of extra time spent before You on their behalves. Lord, You know everything that is needed for the future of both this state and this family. How I ask that You make it so!

And there it is again God is the strength of my heart… And my portion (future) forever

Lord, how I thank You that we are never in this time alone. It is so easy for me to get caught up in the situations of the day that I put off thinking about the future. Then of course there are those times that I think too much about the future that I practically ignore today. Thank You that You are here keeping me balanced.

Psalm 73 sums me up so succinctly! Too often I look around at what all is going on with others and compare my lot with theirs. I confess to questioning, even judging the ‘fairness’ (or seeming lack thereof) of it all. Thank You Lord that once again there is a section of Your Word that I resemble so well. It allows me to know that I am not alone in my thinking or feeling.

The Bible Handbook describes it by saying “This unique psalm traces the experience of the poet, who feels envy at the prosperity of the wicked (1-12) and frustration at his own lot (13-16). He finds release by comparing the end of the wicked (18-20) with the blessings of his present and future fellowship with God (21-28).”

Lord, thank You that Don Moen took the time to turn part of this psalm into his own praise song to You. Whom have I in heaven, but You? There is nothing on earth I desire besides You. My heart and my strength, many times they fail, But there is one truth that always will prevail God is the strength of my heart. God is the strength of my heart. God is the strength of my heart And my portion (future) forever. Forever.

As much as I can’t even begin understanding how wonderful this truth really is, I thank You Lord. Thank You for loving me. Thank You for guiding and forgiving me. Empower and enable me Dearest Lord to use this day for Your good and Your glory. Help me make wise voting decisions and bless our baby brother in this next year of his life. Make Yourself known to him in ways that he’s never even considered.

Thank You for Your love. Show us how to truly live each and every day in and through You and Your love. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(521 words ~ 8: 01 a.m.)

2 comments:

  1. Wow Tee-Tee you described exactly what I've been going through at the home. Judging, what's fair, etc. Thank you for allowing the Lord to speak through you to me today. I love you

    ReplyDelete