Friday, June 4, 2010

beautiful

Friday, June 4, 2010 (5:51 a.m.)

Most Dear and Blessed Lord God,

Thank You! Thank You for this wonderful opportunity to just come before You with a joyful, thankful heart and attitude.

Lord! You are so good. You help so much. And just like that a different song starts singing!

I thought I was coming in here to sing to You Our God… either …is a God who saves or …is an awesome God Both work! You ARE an awesome God! And You DO save. We are living, breathing proof of that.

As I was beginning to list the things You are, Beautiful came to mind.

(6:36 a.m.)

And then, just now as I was creating a new breakfast idea (a Banana Foster’s-ish topped bagel ~ thank You so much for the inspiration!) without knowing it, I was again singing Our God is a God who saves Lord, You truly ARE incredible!

You have taken so many mishaps this family has presented and turned them into such blessings.

Let’s look at last night as just one tiny little example. I was considering a role of responsibility that I neither wanted nor felt up to. Rather than ‘suck it up’ as I would have in the past, this time I chose loving words and expressed myself calmly. Wow! What a concept! Thank You for the guidance there Lord.

Later as I overheard harsher voices discuss opinions and desires, instead of taking myself into the midst of it (old pattern!) I stayed far away and started singing Our God is an awesome God So new am I to this type of behavior on my part, I even struggled to remember those brief six words.

Oh but God, You ARE such an awesome God! After all was said and done, and I had stayed completely out of what clearly was none of my business, instead of asking for details of what all had taken place I merely asked both parties if each participant knew he was loved by the other. When “yes” was stated and both heads nodded, my only reply was, “That’s all I need to know!”

Lord, THAT is growth! That is YOU! At Your best! Beautiful, beautiful, Jesus is beautiful, and Jesus makes beautiful things of my life. Carefully, touching me, causing my eyes to see, Jesus makes beautiful things of my life

Lord, I can only begin to thank You for the beautiful things You are causing in my life. Yesterday we were a family that just played in the pool together. How rarely has that happened in the past? Then, each of us fell into taking care of some necessary detail of living together in the same space. Not many demands made. Just a genuine, heartfelt spirit of working together for the common good. And why was that? Beautiful, beautiful, Jesus is beautiful, and Jesus makes beautiful things of my life

Lord. Thank You! Thank You that You truly are beautiful! I love You so very much. Thank You. Amen.

(504 words ~ 7:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment