Thursday, June 17, 2010

sleep

Thursday, June 17, 2010 (7:30 a.m.)

Wow God!

Thank You! More sleep. Complete with a dream I remembered. After 4:30 I didn’t think there was any chance that sleep would happen again. Thank You!

(9:10 a.m.)

All this time later and I’m still trying to thank You for “My sleep [which] had been pleasant to me” (Jeremiah 31:26). Lord, I looked at this verse. Then I read the chapter. After which I read about the chapter. I don’t know that I fully understand its significance, but I DO know that I find hope in it! The titles for chapters 30 and 31 are “Restoration Will Follow Exile” and “God Will Rebuild His Land” under the outline heading of “New Covenant Promises”.

Lord, I absolutely can’t thank You enough for Your promises! There’s even a ‘Psalty’ segment about verse 33 entitled “You’ll Want to Obey” underscoring the gift You give us by having “put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people.”

Oh Dearest Lord, by simply turning our thoughts and will over to You, You bless and bless and bless. While I know I can’t actually ever thank You enough, I can keep making the effort! Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for Your promises that are all working together to turn us into a family that truly loves one another and are learning to work together to the betterment of each. You are amazing God! And I thank You! I praise You! I love You! Thank You for pleasant sleep! Amen.

(272 words ~ 9:29 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment