Sunday, June 13, 2010

instead

Sunday, June 13, 2010 (5:24 a.m.)

Blessed Lord,

I made a mistake yesterday and instead of turning immediately to You with it, I went directly to the food cupboards ~ which was an even bigger error in judgment.

Lord. I got too close to the pool chemicals again. It’s the second time in just under a month. I hate coming to You all whiney and all, but I don’t have time to not feel okay. There’s a graduation and a party and travel and… to attend to and my head keeps thinking too much.

That’s why I’m here this morning. VERY selfishly using You and Your Word in my attempt to feel better. Philippians 4:6 tells me “Don’t worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.”

So here I am Lord. The details of the house and the yard and the pool and the party and the invitations and announcements and food and… It’s all just piling up inside me Lord and I need Your peace and direction and healing and faith and hope and love.

Lord, thank You for the help You have been providing me these past many years. You don’t leave me alone in the messes of my own making. You do help me remember to turn to You every time I’m trying to decide which thing really needs to come first. YOU are my first thing!!!!!!!!! Everything else pales in comparison.

You are such a good and loving God. Thank You for all You are and all You do on our behalf. Lord, I look to You to order this day. Help me break it down into workable pieces. Thank You for reminding me that “I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need” (v. 13). I’m depending on that Lord! Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 6:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment