Monday, June 7, 2010

Believe!

Monday, June 7, 2010 (5:44 a.m.)

Amazing Wonderful Everlasting God,

Thank You for the chance to once again be awed by You! Thank You that somewhere between the late night couldn’t sleeps and the very early wide awakes You reminded me that I need to believe!

Oh Your goodness Lord! What a wonderful, much needed reminder. For as long as I can remember I’ve seen the word ‘lie’ in there, but never had I noticed that it was smack in the center. And right in the middle of that is another word. “I”.

Lord, I confess to how many times here of late I have been afraid. Time and again I’ve fallen into that trap of thinking it’s all up to me to set things right. Somewhere along the line I bought into the idea that I could somehow make things better between friends and loved ones. I lie when I think like that Lord. YOU have that power! Not me.

Thank You Lord. Thank You that along with the call for me to believe, You also reminded me on what I am to believe. In Acts 16:31, Paul and Silas answer their jailer’s question as to how he can be saved by saying, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved, you and your household.”

Lord, I confess to forgetting this at the most inopportune moments. Whenever there’s a bit of awkwardness between people, my first thought is to just give up and consider all to be lost. Paul and Silas were severely beaten and wrongfully imprisoned (v. 23) yet they kept praying and singing hymns to You (v. 25). I want to believe in You like that! With a faith so big that ‘the storms of life can threaten, but they cannot destroy’.

What will that be like Lord? To look around me at things that are not to my liking and still choose to sing I believe for every drop of rain that falls A flower grows I believe that somewhere in the darkest night A candle glows I believe for everyone who goes astray, Someone will come To show the way And not just any someone Lord! I truly believe that YOU come!

I believe above a storm the smallest prayer Can still be heard I believe that Someone in the great somewhere Hears every word Everytime I hear a new born baby cry, Or touch a leaf or see the sky Then I know why, I believe

Lord, how I ask You to continue reminding me what and why it is that I believe. You are good and gracious. Perfect and wonderful. Continue growing me in Your power and Your strength. Keep reminding me that while satan lies Jesus LIVES!

There are so many exciting thoughts to begin this morning with. “Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things” (1 Corinthians 13:7) I want to love like that Dear Lord. Help me remember to BELIEVE!

I love You so much Lord! Thank You. Amen.

(507 words ~ 7:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment