Saturday, June 12, 2010

good

Saturday, June 12, 2010 (6:51 a.m.)

Blessed, Amazing Lord God,

You are good! Good, good, good. I look to all the ways You show Yourself to us and I am so grateful. Lord, we as a family have developed some really unhealthy patterns through the years, but You are changing them!

See? Even as I just start thinking about all You are and do for us, all the ways You’ve been working in and through us, changing us more into the people You would have us be music starts up in my mind and my heart! Jesus, You’re my firm foundation I know I can stand secure Jesus, You’re my firm foundation I put my hope in Your Holy Word I put my hope in Your Holy Word

Lord, I love You so much. I love that You are here to comfort and guide us. You work so hard at growing each of us. Right here John 15 immediately comes to mind. I turn to it and yes here You are again reaffirming all the things my heart is telling me is true! You are the true vine! Your Father? The gardener. Branches that don’t produce fruit are cut away. Those that do are cleaned to produce even more fruit. Staying joined to You, we can produce fruit. Apart from You we can’t.

And again, reading and typing this my mind is sidetracked by singing Your Word is faithful Mighty with power God will deliver me Of this I’m sure Of this I’m sure Lord, You are so very good! It is still amazing to me that I get to live my life with You. I get to keep seeing evidences of Your pruning each of us, removing all that is unnecessary.

Verse seven describes what is happening in me these days, “Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want and your prayer will be answered.” None of what all we have going for us as a family would be possible without You! We are called to be fruitful disciples of Yours, honoring Your Father. You love us because He loves You. We are to remain faithful to Your love for us. Obeying You. Keep loving You, just as Your Father keeps loving You, because You obeyed Him. You tell us this to make us as completely happy as You are. And then here in verses 12 and 17 You again hit it right out of the park! “Now I tell you to love each other, as I have loved You… So I command you to love each other.”

It is only by Your loving us that we are able to even begin to recognize what true love is. We have been lulled by the world’s interpretation all these years. Thank You that You are willing to work so steadily and faithfully in getting us to be able to recognize that which is authentic and genuine, not counterfeit nor imitation.

Thank You Lord that I get to sing wholeheartedly I have a living hope I have a future God has a plan for me Of this I’m sure Of this I’m sure Lord, I AM sure! I am sure because You are good! Good, good, good. Thank You Lord. I love You. Amen.

(556 words ~ 8:24 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment