Monday, May 6, 2024

letting You in

 Monday, May 6, 2024 (5:34 a.m.)

Blessed God,


♪SomeOne’s knocking’ at the door SomeBody’s ringin’ the bell… Do me a favor Open the door and Let HIM in♪ Mm, yes! Let You in. To my heart. My mind. My soul. My life.


Yes! Father, ♪My Life Is In You Lord My strength is in You, Lord My hope is in You, Lord In You, it’s in You I will praise You with all of my life I will praise You with all of my strength With all of my life With all of my strength All of my hope is in You♪


And how is this possible? By opening the door mentioned in Revelation 3:20. “Look at me. I stand at the door. I knock. If you hear me call and open the door, I’ll come right in and sit down to supper with you” (The Message).


The Passion Translation says, “Behold, I’m standing at the door, knocking. If your heart is open to hear my voice and you open the door within, I will come in to you and feast with you, and you will feast with me.” Yes, please.


Turning for a moment to Psalm 56:3. Christian Standard Bible. “When I am afraid, I will trust in You.” Immediately Lauren Daigle begins singing again. 


♪…Letting go of every single dream I lay each one down at Your feet Every moment of my wandering Never changes what You see I’ve tried to win this war, I confess My hands are weary, I need Your rest Mighty Warrior, King of the fight No matter what I face, You’re by my side 


♪… When You don’t move the mountains I’m needing You to move When You don’t part the waters I wish I could walk through When You don’t give the answers As I cry out to You I will trust, I will trust I will Trust in You


♪… Truth is, You know what tomorrow brings There’s not a day ahead You have not seen So in all things be my life and breath I want what You want, Lord, and nothing less…


♪… You are my strength and comfort You are my steady hand You are my firm foundation The rock on which I stand Your ways are always higher Your plans are always good There’s not a place where I’ll go You’ve not already stood…♪


Oh, yes Blessed Father. You know our needs. You know Your will and Your way. Align us with Your plans.


Those plans You know You have for us (Jeremiah 29:11a). The ones that are for good and not for evil (11b). To give us a future and a hope (11 c).


‘In those days when we pray, You will listen (v. 12). If we look for You wholeheartedly, we will find You’ (13).


“‘I will be found by you,’ says the LORD. ‘I will end your captivity and restore your fortunes. I will gather you out of the nations where I sent you and will bring you home again to your own land’” (v. 14).


I have no idea what this will look like for us Lord. But I believe that even this applies.


Thank You for Your love Dearest God. Empower and enable us in using it well. We love, need, trust and want You. We are ♪open[ing] the door and let[ting] You in!♪ Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(571 words ~  7:21 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment