Saturday, May 11, 2024

going forward

 Friday, May 10, 2024 (6:07  a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You. You’ve got us. Right there in the very palm of Your hand. Held securely by the grip of Your grace


Matthew 11:27-30. Jesus speaking. “‘My Father has entrusted everything to me. No one truly knows the Son except the Father, and no one truly knows the Father except the Son and those to whom the Son chooses to reveal Him.’ Then Jesus said, ‘Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.’”


This feels neither easy nor light, Lord.


♪I’m gonna sing in the middle of the storm Louder and louder, you’re gonna hear my praises roar Up from the ashes hope will arise Death is defeated, the King is alive I Raise a Hallelujah With everything inside of me … Louder than my unbelief… My weapon is a melody… Heaven comes to fight for me…  With everything inside of me …


Father God I need this to be true. All of Your promises. Everything You’ve said and done.


“Come to me all who hunger and thirst” (Isaiah 55:1-3, 6)


Psalm 139.


A Crosswalk e-article reminds us, “Whether we are rejoicing in the good or crying out in the difficult - the good Shepherd, Jesus is leading us towards His grace and glory. Circumstances, sin, satan, and even death can’t separate us from His love and care (Romans 8:31-39).” 


Sally Loyd Jones describes the grip of Your grace by rewording Psalm 23 thusly:


“God is my Shepherd and I am His little lamb.
He feeds me.
He guides me.
He looks after me.
I have everything I need.

Inside my heart is very quiet. As quiet as lying still in soft green grass, in a meadow by a little stream.
Even when I walk through the dark, scary, lonely places…
I won’t be afraid. Because my Shepherd knows where I am.
He is here with me.
He keeps me safe.

He rescues me.
He makes me strong and brave.
He is getting wonderful things ready for me. Especially for me.
Everything I ever dreamed of!
He fills my heart so full of happiness, I can’t hold it all inside.

Wherever I go I know
God’s never stopping
Never giving up
Unbreaking
Always and forever love will go too!”


Blessed, Holy, Father God I am depending on You to be who and all Your Word of Truth and promises says You are. I have NO idea what You plans are. And I am trusting them to be for good and not for evil. To give us a future and a hope (Jeremiah 29:11).


Thank You for being Our Father who arts in Heaven… We love, need, trust and want You Blessed God. Use us as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(517 words ~ 7:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment