Wednesday, May 1, 2024

another...

 Wednesday, May 1, 2024 (5:43 a.m.)

Holy God,


Thank You for another new day. Another new month. Another new understanding.


This morning’s biggest word for me keeps coming back to just four letters. H.O.P.E. 


Mm, yes, Father. My hope IS in You. And the Truth You would have me know about trusting You with all my heart (Proverbs 3:5a). And leaning not on may own understanding (5b). 


Yes Dearest God, I want to seek Your will in all I do (6a). Truly believing that You will show me which path to take (6b).


George Harrison’s words from decades ago keep pointing me to You. ♪Give Me Love… Give me peace on earth Give me Light Give me life Keep me free as a bird [my words] Give me hope Help me cope with this heavy load (Matthew 11:28-30) Trying to touch and reach You (Luke 8:46) with Heart and soul Oh my Lord Please take hold of my hand That I might understand You Won’t You please Oh, won’t You?♪


An e-article titled Hope in Hebrew: Tikvah - Hope that Does Not Disappoint appears to teach me more. Here Esther Kuhn describes hope “both biblically and in the modern Hebrew” as “more than just a dream. It is an expectation, and a strong expression of faith.”


She cites the Bible as teaching “that hope is like a rock you can rely on. You can hold fast to it and it strengthens you.” Yes, Father! I want that kind of hope!


Reading through the article my hope in You grows. “The Bible details many stories of tikvah, of hope, amongst God’s people [Hannah, Job, Abraham], looking toward something greater, waiting for an answer to a prayer… Hope looks to the future, postured for something greater. It looks with expectation that something will happen.”


Referencing Hebrews 11:1, we are reminded that “Faith stands in assurance of God’s precious promises. After all, faith is the substance, or assurance, of things hoped for.”


Having quoted the Truth of 1 Corinthians 13:13, the writer expands our understanding with her thoughts “that the assurance of our faith and the hope we have in our Messiah must continually be worked out through love. Because Love came in the form of a God man named Jesus, who is our Living Hope.”


Oh Blessed Lord, how loudly ♪Give me love♪ sings to me now! ♪Give me hope Help me cope♪ Yes!


The article ends by posing the question, “So, how’s your hope today?” To which I get to answer honestly. Renewed! Thank You Father.


How perfect for me to end our time together with Paul’s words to the Romans (15:13). “I pray that the God who gives hope will fill You with much joy and peace while you trust in Him. Then your hope will overflow through the power of the Holy Spirit.” Yes please!


I love, need, trust and want You. Use me as only You know is best. Thank You. Praise You. Amen.

(506 words ~ 7:11 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment