Thursday, November 30, 2017

spontaneous cheerfulness

Saturday, November 18, 2017 (5:20 a.m.)
Holy God,

“Spontaneous cheerfulness”. I just read those two words used to describe a grin. I would like to experience that today. Often.

Forty-five years ago today I thought for sure I knew everything there was to know about everything. How incredibly young and naive was I?! Thank You Father for the lessons You allow us to learn.

Thank You that as I come before You this morning, I am seeking “spontaneous cheerfulness”. For years I have wanted to become one who grins readily. Easily. Frequently. How do we make that happen?

Your Word. Everything we need to know about anything can be found in Your Word.
(6:13 a.m.)

Even though I truly believe this Blessed Lord, I don’t know how accurate my thinking may or may not actually be.

I know You are good. Holy. Eternal. And again I find myself grinning as I turn to various verses that remind me of Your strength and wisdom.

Thank You Father. Thank You that You have so very much You want to give to each and every one of us. In Psalm 21, King David speaks of the blessings You provide. “You shower him [the king] with blessings that last forever; he finds joy in knowing Your presence and loving You” (v. 6 The Voice).

The comment for verses 21:1-6 in The Life Recovery Bible begins by saying, “As we thoroughly evaluate our life, we realize that our strength comes from God as we seek Him through prayer and meditation.” Mm, yes Father.

It continues, “He wants to give each of us a life that has eternal value and meaning.” This I believe as well.

“As we experience this, we will begin to understand that true joy is an outgrowth of being in God’s presence.” True joy. Spontaneous cheerfulness?

“This should motivate us to spend time with God through prayer and meditation. We need to draw close to Him, not just for what He can do for us but for who He is.” Oh, amen. Amen!

Thank You Father for WHO and ALL You are. Continue Your work in teaching me to rejoice in You and Your strength. Help me grin more today. Sharing spontaneous spots of cheerfulness that come directly from You.

I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You for forgiving the mistakes of my past and the ones I am sure to make in the future. Thank You that You love us so much. Use me I pray to Your good and to Your glory. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(440 words ~ 6:42 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment