Tuesday, November 14, 2017

know God

Sunday, November 5, 2017 (6:10 a.m.)
Awesome, Blessed, Holy God,

Thank You. Thank You for joy. Thank You for hope. Thank You for love. Thank You for time.

Mm.Yes, Father, thank You.

Talk with me this morning as You wish. Guide and direct my heart, my soul, my mind and my strength. It is You and You alone I wish to know.
(8:52 a.m.)

Mm, Holy God, thank You for time in Your Word. Jesus’ own final prayer speaks of knowing [and experiencing] You.

The Passion Translation rephrases His words as, “Eternal life means to know and experience You as the only true God, and to know and experience Jesus Christ, as the Son whom You have sent” (John 17:3).

This rendition of Your Truth footnotes “the only true God” as the Aramaic translation “the God of Truth”; alluding to Deuteronomy 6:4. The Voice, “Moses: Listen, Israel! The Eternal is our True God - He alone.” Mm, yes. You alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment