Friday, November 3, 2017

"love and good works"

Friday, November 3, 2017 (6:48 a.m.)
Most Dear and Blessed Father God,

Thank You. There’s an opportunity here today. A long awaited doctor visit. Rather than continuing to pour over the potential outcome in my mind, I am asking instead that You would take the lead.

Guide and direct not only my questions, but the answers I give as well. Father, I confess to feeling lazy. Fatigued. Unmotivated.

There’s the word. Yes, Father again I am asking You to motivate me to the changes that I need to make to improve my health.

Holy God, You are so incredibly good. One word again leads me to Your Truth. Thank You!

Every single translation I looked up using ‘motivate’ took me first to Hebrews 10:24. Although the words are varied, the message is the same. We are to “consider how to stir up one another to love and good works”.

Helpful. Kind. Doing good things. Where do these ideas begin? From You.

The Message urges, “So let’s do it - full of belief, confident that we’re presentable inside and out. Let’s keep a firm grip on the promises that keep us going. He always keeps His word. Let’s see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, especially as we see the big Day [of Christ’s return] approaching” (Hebrews 10:23-25).

Your Word, Your Truth, Your promises. How I ask You to do all You must in enabling me to live as You would have me live. Full of the life You would have be freely share with others.

Worldwide English tells us, “We must hold on to God’s promise that we have said we believed. And we must never let go. He has promised and He will do it. Let us think of one another and help one another to love and to do good things. Do not stop going to church meetings. Some people do stop. But help each other to be strong. You must do it all the more as you see the Great Day coming closer.”

Yes Father. Do all You must. I love You. Empower me. Thank You. Amen.

(371 words ~ 7:55 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment