Thursday, October 20, 2016

this morning

Thursday, October 20, 2016 (5:18 a.m.)
Holy God,

I look to You. Last night I did not. Last night I again looked at circumstances. Miscommunication. Irritants. And bitterness.

This morning? I look to You. Your Word. Your promises. Your prophets. Your power.

Thank You Father. Thank You for choices. Even when we make mistakes, we can always choose to turn back. To You.

Thank You that I get to sit here in the midst of Your Word. Reading. Hoping. Praying. Turning from one section to another. Acts 2:14-21. Joel 2:28-32. Revelation 3:19. And Joel 2:13.
(7:03 a.m.)
And again, my attitude stinks!

Forgive me Father. I don't know how to truly forgive! I can pretend. I can act as if. And I can also work at making someone pay for hurting my feelings. These are not in keeping with Your Word. Do what You must to turn my heart.

That's where we were headed before another irritation struck.

Joel 2:13, “Return to the LORD your God, for He is gracious and merciful. He is not easily angered. He is filled with kindness and is eager not to punish you.”

How I thank You Father for putting me exactly here in Your Word this morning! The Life Recovery Bible's comment for 2:12-17 fits me perfectly. Now even more than just earlier.

God wanted the people of Judah to come to Him with torn and broken hearts, admitting their guilt and helplessness, instead of responding to His judgment in the usual way (tearing their garments). The people needed to commit themselves to God, examine themselves, and let God change them. Since God is gracious and merciful (2:13), it makes sense to commit our life to Him. He wants to change our pain into joy and send us a blessing.”

Thank You Father! Thank You for the ways You work Your good, Your Word into our hearts. Our souls. Our minds. And our actions.

Please forgive my bitterness. I am called by You to: “Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power” (Ephesians 6:10), “... be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord's people” (Ephesians 6:18).

Holy Father God, You never cease to blow me away! You gave me these verses decades ago. Thank You for continuing to speak to me LOUDLY through them this morning.

My knee-jerk reaction to things not going my way is primarily surliness. I pout. Grump. Often growl. And generally close myself off to others.

Thank You that it is in YOU that I am made whole! YOU work in me for good. You change my heart, my soul, my mind and my actions. Thank You.

As I prepare to take off from here this morning, I ask You to precede me into the day. There are countless things to accomplish. Which absolutely lays open so many potential challenges. Let me greet them with a smile. Singing. Staying my mind on You. And standing firm in Your Word.

I love You Father. I am to: “Be faithful, even to the point of death” (Revelation 2:10) - [note that it does NOT read 'to the point of frustration'!], “... be earnest and repent” (Revelation 3:19).

Mm. And just like You in settling my spirit, You provide a new way for me to see this last verse. “... turn from your indifference and become enthusiastic about the things of God” (The Living Bible). “... change the way you think and act” (Names of God).

New Life Version, “Be sorry for your sins and turn from them.”

The Voice, “Therefore, be shamelessly committed to Me, and turn back.”

Worldwide English, “So get busy and stop doing wrong.”

Amplified Bible, “... be enthusiastic and repent [change your inner self – your old way of thinking, your sinful behavior – seek God's will].”

International Children's Bible, “... be eager to do right. Change your hearts and lives.”

I look to You to do that in me! Through the strength of Your mighty power!

Yes. Father this morning I look to You. Asking, expecting You to do a mighty work in me. Thank You that You are indeed our Father. Discipline and love us exactly as You know is best for us. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(720 words ~ 8:44 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment