Thursday, October 13, 2016

At Sea

Sunday, October 2, 2016 (3:55 p.m.)
Ruby Princess
toward Ensenada, MX
Blessed Father God ~

Thank You! Thank You for Your love. Thank You for Your grace. Thank You for Your mercy. Thank You for a day at sea. A day to sit. Read. Relax. Refresh. Renew. Coast.

Mm ~ yes. There are many things available for us to do. Yet here I am. Wonderfully content to just sit and truly let the world go by.

Talk with me here on the balcony Lord. Gentle seas with just a hint of a breeze. Yes. Please ~ join me here.

Father ~ how I love being Your daughter. I compare myself almost constantly with others. As well as with myself. Who I once was. Who I am now. And who/all I may one day become.

You know Your plan Blessed Lord. That perfect plan for good and not for evil. A plan for calm.

Blessed Father, You never cease to amaze me! I ask. You answer. And I sit. In utter amazement.

Psalm 107. A psalm of redemption – from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22), and distress (23-32).” Illustrated Bible Handbook

I just finished reading a fictional love story [Finding Her Way Home] that took place in an equally fictional town called Redemption. It was founded by a lost soul turned Pastor, with street names of Mercy, Grace, Charity...

And here I am ~ reading a psalm of redemption. Hmm, Father ~ You SO have my attention!

Verse 1, “Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! His faithful love endures forever.” I do. You are. It does! Thank You!

Verse 2, “Has the LORD redeemed You?” Yes! “Then speak out! Tell others He has saved You from Your enemies.” Mm... You have. You truly have. And I stay pretty darn quiet about it!

Verse 23a, “Some went off in ships...” I confess Blessed Father, I tend to take our safe travels very much for granted.

I realize we are profoundly blessed by Your travel mercies and grace regularly. Continuously. Thank You for reminding me of the importance of acknowledging Your providing hand in all of our joy.

Verses 29-30, “He [YOU!] calmed the storm to a whisper and stilled the waves. What a blessing was that stillness as He [You] brought them [us] safely into harbor!”

Holy God, how very often we have gotten to witness a pilot boat bring the person who boards the ship to bring us safely into port. Thank You that You are infinitely more in charge!

Thank You for verse 31, “Let them praise the LORD for His great love and for all His wonderful deeds to them.”

Yes! Thank You! Praise You! We love You. Use us. Thank You. Amen.

(5:19 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment