Thursday, October 20, 2016

salt-seasoning

Saturday, October 15, 2016 (6:05 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Good morning. Thank You for words. Interesting, powerful words. Thank You for the privilege of thought. Hope. Excitement.

Thank You for taking me from the word relatively (as in relatively good sleep) to fairly, reasonably, rather and ultimately to tolerably. Searching Your Word for tolerable I am now reading about what it means to be the salt of the earth.

The Living Bible, “You are the world's seasoning, to make it tolerable. If you lose your flavor, what will happen to the world? And you yourselves will be thrown out and trampled underfoot as worthless.”

It's in reading other translations that more words clamor for attention. Words like: savor, taste, purpose, strength, quality, flavor, bland, tasteless, even insipid. Looking up insipid I become even more intrigued.

Synonyms start at flavorless and run to wishy-washy, unappetizing, unpalatable, weak. Right there I think of Jesus' message concerning spiritual indifference to the church in Laodicea (Revelation 3:14-21). And again I thank You for words. Their meanings. Their impact.

Blessed Father, thank You for always showing me more of who You want me to be. The Message, “Let me tell you why you are here. You're here to be salt-seasoning that brings out the God-flavors of this earth. If you lose your saltiness, how will people taste godliness? You've lost your usefulness and will end up in the garbage” (Matthew 5:13).

Salt-seasoning. God-flavors. Yes. Please. Use me this day. EXACTLY as You wish! I love You Father. Thank You. Amen.
(255 words ~ 9:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment