Thursday, October 20, 2016

Celebrate God!

Friday, October 14, 2016 (7:38 a.m.)
Holy God,

There are so many concerns in the world. Wars. Weather. Politics. Health. I could go on. You know my heart. Instead I again ask You to guide me into Your Word.

Yes. I confess to feeling fearful right now. My thinking could very easily derail me. I turn to You. I want very much to celebrate You. Lead me to lighting a candle instead of cursing the darkness.

There are some hard questions I want to ask today. I look to You for the courage and wisdom needed for a beneficial outcome. Yes. Beneficial – resulting in good. Yes. Good. Your good!

Holy God, how I thank You for taking charge of my heart. My soul. My mind. My strength. You alone are good.

Reaching for another much needed tissue, I breathe deeply as I latch onto my Life Recovery Bible. Turning to verses that will teach me how to truly celebrate You.

These do not appear to be days to celebrate. There's so much hardship and hatred. So again I turn to You and Your Word asking You to lead, guide, empower and embolden me in Your teachings.

Reading Psalm 32 I find hope in the joy that is promised in the confession of sins and the forgiveness You provide. Romans 15 encourages us to be considerate of others and to rejoice and praise You in the process.

Philippians 4:4-5 in The Message brings it all home for me once again. “Celebrate God all day, every day, I mean, revel in Him! Make it as clear as you can to all you meet that you're on their side, working with them and not against them. Help them see that the Master is about to arrive. He could show up any minute!”

With the ugliness taking place in the world right now, Your arrival could come none too soon! Yes. “Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!” (Revelation 22:20b).

Do all You must that I would truly celebrate You in my thinking, feeling, being and doing this day. I love You. Let me live this day in celebration, not fear. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(361 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment