Monday, October 17, 2016

Privileged

Friday, October 7, 2016 (7:38 a.m.)
Ensenada, MX
Ruby Princess
Most Holy God ~

Thank You. Thank You for such privilege. The opportunity of waking to a sherbet colored sky and a chorus of barking sea lions. Yes. Thank You.

(2:42 p.m.)

Privilege. Yes! Privileged to travel. Privileged to experience. Privileged to enjoy. Not privileged in a negative sense. No. Privileged to the max.

Father God, I'm going to confess my mind to You right now. Thoughts that track back generations.

Holy God, I do not know You by way of my birth family. I knew OF You because of my mom's decision to get us to church on Sundays and special occasions.

You weren't spoken of regularly. And sadly, most often Your name was taken in vain. These were good, hard-working people. And this is where the guilt starts and the tears begin...

Father ~ I don't know their stories. I have snippets of what I think to be true and I concern myself with thoughts of squandering my privilege.

I pray to You. Wanting desperately for You to accept the depth of my love for You. All the while wondering. Doubting. Comparing. Hoping.

With that said, how do I ask You to guide, direct, empower and embolden me to being all that You would have me be? How do we effectively use this privilege You have so generously provided us?

Your Word has much to say on the subject of giving. Keep working in me Lord. Transform me into all You would have me be. Generous.

Yes Father – I want to be counted as one who uses resources to do good. Rich in good works. Giving generously to those in need. Always ready to share with others whatever You have given us (1 Timothy 6:18).

You have blessed us with privilege Father. Teach us to be “generous and willing to share.” This I pray in Your Son's most holy name. Thank You I love You. Amen.
(3:58 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment