Monday, October 17, 2016

choosing order

Monday, October 10, 2016 (6:48 a.m.)
Holy God,

Talk about a mess! Yes. I confess. Another effort to bring order has once again turned into what appears to be uncontrolled chaos.
(7:59 a.m.)

So here's a thought... do I subconsciously set myself up for such turmoil?

There was absolutely a time in my life that I thrived, actually thought most clearly amid chaos, crisis and confusion. That is no longer the case. I do not do well in the middle of disorder.

Which leads me to ask again, do I inadvertently sabotage myself in the choices that I make?

While awakening this morning You blessed me with the word choices. I get to choose if I want to smile or frown. Grump or grin. Sing or sigh. I also get to choose to spend a vast amount of time reading Your Word.

Thank You! Thank You that in pouring over verses I finally land upon Proverbs 2. The Benefits of Wisdom. Blessed Father, thank You for truly making Your Word come alive for me!
(9:44 a.m.)

I read. I think I understand. I get excited. I read more. And then I wonder if I know anything at all. With that said, let me again thank You for Your Word that never changes. Thank You for writings that help me learn just a tiny bit more.

The very last line of a Theology in Brief entitled Wisdom, OT in Illustrated Bible Handbook says, “OT instruction focuses on the volition or will, for true wisdom can only be discerned in the choices a person actually makes in daily life.”

A comment for 2:1-9 in The Life Recovery Bible tells us, “Wisdom is like a hidden treasure that is found only by those who search for it. God will grant us wisdom and good sense. He will also protect us and instruct us on how to make good decisions. We may not have made great decisions in the past, and now we may be suffering the consequences of those decisions. But when we put our trust in God, He will guide us in the decisions we should make in order to experience a full recovery.”

This is exactly what I ask You this morning Holy God. Guide me in the decisions You would have me make this day. Empower me to choose order. I love You. I want that reflected in the choices I make. Thank You. Amen.

(399 words ~ 10:07 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment