Thursday, October 20, 2016

Standby

Thursday, October 13, 2016 (6:42 a.m.)
Blessed God,
(7:06 a.m.)
Deep breaths. And still no words.

Thoughts are scrambling. Much to consider.
(11:16 a.m.)
Actions. Appointments. One step following the other.
(1:05 p.m.)
Trying again.

Gonna start with our old standby...

Thank You.

Hmm... yes. Let's see where “Thank You” takes us.
(1:13 p.m.)
And there it is. The verse I needed. In just the right words.

Holy God, I don't even know how to proceed. I have tears that want to break through. My breathing is slow and deep. My mind? Still wandering!

I want to grasp ALL You have for me here. There's so much more about Your Holy Spirit for me to learn. And experience.

The Amplified Bible uses the words “Helper, Comforter, Advocate, Intercessor – Counselor, Strengthener, Standby” for what the Contemporary English Version calls “The Spirit” in John 15:26.

Jesus told His followers, “I will send you the Spirit who comes from the Father and shows what is true. The Spirit will help you and will tell You about me.”
(4:08 p.m.)

And now we move on again. Another place to be. Go before me. And stay with me all at the same time. I love You. Thank You.
(203 words ~ 4:11 p.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment