Thursday, January 7, 2016

celebration, newness and hope

Thursday, January 7, 2016 (6:34 a.m.)
Most Dear and Holy God,

I'm here. Confessing to You to feeling beat. Tired. Exhausted. And that's coming directly after sleeping, resting, dozing and struggling with the pillows for almost twelve hours.

I've missed being here with You. It's all been by my own choices. I've read. Researched. Looked into. And avoided. Not intentionally. Just not well planned out.

Father God, thank You that I get to be so incredibly honest with You. I don't have to make perfect sense. You know my heart. You know exactly what I think, want, feel and do (Mark 12:30). Thank You that You love me even with all of my flaws.

Now to the heart of the matter. I love You. The longer I stay away from being alone with You, the harder it always is to come back. And then as soon as I do it's like I never left. Thank You for that. Thank You for loving us so greatly and prizing us so dearly (John 3:16a Amplified Bible, Classic Edition).

Truly, I adore You. Absolutely not evident in my absence. Oh, but true nonetheless. You provide us so much hope. Newness. Opportunity.

Each new moment brings its own unique possibility. Thank You Father. Praise You. Worship, and yes, adore You!

Yesterday my thoughts were quite about the newness and hope that accompany the colors and symbols represented in celebrating the day and even the season of Epiphany. Blessed Father, thank You for the deep-seated interest that continues growing in me through the years. Teach me more of what You would have me do with it in my daily life.

White and gold. Crowns and stars. Chalk markings above main door ways of homes. The alternate name, Theophany [meaning a visible manifestation to humankind of God]. Prayers inviting You to “enlighten us with the brilliance of Your Epiphany star, so that, as we go into the world, we might clearly see our way to You and discover You in our work and play.”

Oh yes Dearest God. As You work in each of us this new year, keep us ever mindful of Your glory, Your power and Your kingship. We are Yours. And we long to represent You well. Let our faith be ever bigger than our fear. And our newness and hope ever based upon Your goodness and grace.

Father, we love You. We long to serve You. And we ask Your blessings upon us as learn even more of what it truly means to worship and adore You.

'Bless us and watch, guard and keep us; Make Your face shine upon and enlighten us and be gracious [kind, merciful, and giving favor] to us; Lift up Your [approving] countenance upon us and give us peace [tranquility of heart and life continually]' (Numbers 6:24-26, AMPC).

We love You. We thank You. And we ask all these things in Your Blessed Son's most precious name. Thank You. Amen.
(490 words ~ 7:51 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment