Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Psalm 107

Tuesday, January 12, 2016 (6:12 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You. Thank You for time to be with You. Time to thank You for Who and all You are. Time to read Your Word and invite You into my heart. Soul. Mind. Strength.

Blessed God, I love You. You are good. Holy. Kind. Faithful. All the things, when left on my own, I am not. Father, thank You for creating us in Your very own image (Genesis 1:27). Thank You that we are Your children. Dearly loved and cared for by You.

Thank You for ever leading us to Your will. Your way. Your Word. What an honor and privilege to be surrounded and protected by Your love.

This morning I am pointed to Psalm 107. “A psalm of redemption – from wandering (4-9), prison (10-16), rebelliousness (17-22), and distress (23-32)” [Illustrated Bible Handbook]. Thank You Father.

Thank You for every single time You nudge me with Your presence. Guidance. Leadership. Thank You for turning me to Psalm 107 this morning.

The Life Recovery Bible comment for 107:23-32 sheds light on Your Truth. “Bad memories and a sense of failure make our world seem dark and hopeless. The longer the storm rages, the more we fear and lose hope of rescue. But when we cry out to God in our trouble, He will turn our storm-tossed life into a calm and peaceful sea and restore our joy.”

Blessed Father God, I trust You. Left to myself, with my own critical thinking, I judge harshly. There is no way of measuring up to my own misguided standard of excellence. Thank You that You provided Your Son as our Redeemer.

Thank You for the Truth He came to deliver. Thank You for the smile that just graced my face and led deeply into my soul.

Thinking of Your Son delivering us in Truth, I turned to Colossians 1 and Paul's words to the believers in Colosse. Paul wrote this letter “To show us that Christ is the only real source of power in our life” (The Life Recovery Bible THE BOTTOM LINE).

Holy God thank You that You love us so incredibly much. Work with, through, by, for and in me this day that I will make the choices and take the actions that will reflect Your glory. I love You and long to live for You. Make it so blessed it God. In Your way and Your time. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(410 words ~ 7:52 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment