Friday, January 8, 2016

"God is good"

Friday, January 8, 2016 (7:13 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Thank You for time to be alone with You. Help me want to learn and appreciate all You have for me today. Thank You that You are good. Thank You that such a seemingly easy statement is so incredibly complex.

“God is good.” All the time. All the time, Lord, You are good! Thank You. Thank You that I get to look to Your Word in various verses and learn more about Your goodness to Your people.

Thank You Father for the example of kings and temple builders who set aside their own air of importance to truly give You praise. 2 Chronicles 5:13-14, 7:1-3; Ezra 3:10-11 provide glimpses back of people who believed You to be all that You are.

Blessed God, thank You for these reminders of others who not only recognized Your goodness but came together singing, playing music and falling face down on the ground to worship and praise You. Hmm. Thank You Father.

Teach me most holy and good God to truly bow my knee and confess allegiance to Your name (Isaiah 45:23). How I long to wholeheartedly declare, “The LORD is the source of my righteousness and strength” (v. 24a).

I love You. I thank You. And I ask You to continue Your refining work in teaching me to glorify and enjoy You as You desire. Use me well this day I pray, Oh good and faithful God. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(250 words ~ 9:21 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment