Wednesday, January 13, 2016

mercy and grace

Wednesday, January 13, 2016 (7:54 a.m)
Most Holy God,

Mercy and grace. These are the two words I came here with over an hour ago. I can get lost in the search. Here I finally come asking You to lead and guide me deeply into Your Word.

Blessed God, I love You. I rely on Your mercy and grace. Psalm 23:6 began my thinking this morning. “Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.”

Holy God, I confess to taking so very many of Your verses for granted. I recite them at rote. Not paying particular attention to the depth and hope found in the Truth of Your precious Word.

Thank You for encouraging me to put the proverbial brakes on and take the time to truly listen and consider all that is being offered. You as our Shepherd. Leading, renewing, guiding, protecting and comforting us throughout our lives. Wow, God! Thank You.

How awesome to be able to turn to Hebrews 4:16 and be reminded that we get to 'come boldly to the throne of our gracious God, where we will receive Your mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it.'

Reading in Illustrated Bible Handbook I am excited to read that the Truth of “the New Testament message has been delivered by the Son of God himself!” It's a surface of understanding I can barely even begin to scratch.

Continuing to read in the section Jesus, Our High Priest, “Also, the NT word is a living and active word, capable of penetrating our deepest thoughts and motives – and guiding us daily into God's rest. How important that we maintain our trust in Jesus, sensitive and obedient to His voice as He speaks to us in our today.”

Yes! Work in me this morning, teaching me the importance of relying solely on Your mercy and grace. You amaze me and I love You. Thank You for extra time to explore and pay closer attention to what Your Word has to say. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(361 words ~ 9:12 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment