Sunday, January 10, 2016

another step

Sunday, January 10, 2016 (7:36 a.m.)
Dearest, Blessed God,

Talk with me about You being amazing. Abiding. Abundant. I know Your love to be of these attributes. And as I consider the phrase, “God is love” I wonder. Can we interchange You and love?
(11:18 a.m.)

Hi. It's me again. Willing to take another step. Another step toward healing. Wholeness. Relying on You. Your goodness. Your power. Your wisdom. Your will. Your way.

Blessed Father, I love You. SO very much. Truly I do depend on You. Admittedly I don't always follow Your leading. Even when I see it staring me smack in the face.

Thank You that You have such an incredibly forgiving sense of humor where Your errant children are concerned. I learned just a tiny bit about it in this morning's church service. Psalm 2, verse 2.

The Living Bible, “But God in heaven merely laughs! He is amused by all their puny plans.” And if that isn't clear enough. The Voice stresses it even more plainly. “At first, the Power of heaven laughs at their silliness. The Eternal mocks their ignorant selfishness.”

That's me Dearest Father. The one with the puny plans and ignorant selfishness! Thanks that You alone are bigger. Better. Wiser. Stronger. All the things I truly need in my moment to moment being.

Thank You that You alone are holy. Worthy. Love. Right back to where we were headed earlier. 1 John 4:8b, “for God is love”.

I'm getting ready to take another step into the kitchen. Planning to put together a properly combined meal. Blessed God, I'm inviting You to not only come along but to go on ahead. Guide. Direct. My heart. My soul. My mind. And my strength. All so I would truly love You as I ought (Mark 12:30).

Thank You Father. Wait for me! I'm coming. Amen.
(309 words ~ 11:39 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment