Monday, March 16, 2015

This I can do!

Monday, March 16, 2015 (7:41 a.m.)
Awesome God,

I love You. You have blessed us. Often. Repeatedly. Graciously. Mercifully. And still I have the inclination to whine. I don't want to go in that direction. So I'm confessing it to You instead.

Let's see... how to begin? You are good. Faithful. Holy. And still I grumble. Growl. Grouse. I'd much rather pray. Praise. And play. Yes, Father. Selfish as I feel about it, may I just play with You today?

I feel this self-imposed judgment of myself. Not good enough here, there and somewhere else.
(9:11 a.m.)

And while I can choose to focus on the positives or the negatives I truly do rejoice in the fact that I get to share my heart honestly with You. Thank You Father.

I heard it said yesterday that a pessimist sees problems in possibilities while an optimist focuses on the possibilities amid the problems. I want to be the latter here Dearest God.

I confess to having been stubborn lately. Digging my heels in and not being willing to budge. Going through the motions of day to day business. The joy comes when I lift my head up to You and smile. It comes in bit by bit at first. A little like the beginning of a rainy day.

Before I know it, the more I smile to You the feelings of joy wash over me like a torrent. As many are my stubborn ways, Your faithfulness overrides them all. I can tell You straight on that I refuse to praise You unless I mean it and trust in the fact that You are still going to love me. Wow!

How I thank You Father. Truly thank and praise You for Your loving kindnesses. And how did I get to this point? By simply looking to You and smiling.

This I can do! Rather than focus on myself and all my foibles and failings, I am willing to take a play from King David's playbook. First from Psalm 34:5, “Look at Him; give Him your warmest smile. Never hide your feelings from Him” (The Message).

And then again in three other verses (42:5, 11; 43:5). “Why are you down in the dumps, dear soul? Why are you crying the blues? Fix my eyes on God – soon I'll be praising again. He puts a smile on my face. He's my God.”

You ARE my God! You DO put a smile on my face. I will never be enough in my own way of thinking. Thank You God that YOUR way is SO much better than mine (Proverbs 3:5, 6).

Do all You must in and with me this day to turn me around (Revelation 3:19) to Your will and to Your way. I love You. I long to serve You. And I thank You for teaching me to smile through it all. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(486 words ~ 9:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment