Tuesday, March 17, 2015

love, beauty, happiness

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 (7:42 a.m.)
Gloriously Awesome God,

Thank You for the opportunity to talk with You throughout last night and into the early morning hours. Thank You that You are good. And righteous. Thank You again for the beauty of the sky. Thank You for hard, consistent work yesterday.

Thank You that You love us so much. Thank You that I got to confess a feeling of apathy to You and You provided me a way out of it. Thank You that in a jumble of many words combined with one another, the first three I saw were: love, beauty and happiness.

Thank You Father for the prompting yesterday to approach a neighbor and suggest a Bible Study. Thank You for the absolute sensing from You that I needed to be far more honest with her than the cursory “good” answer I had already supplied in our casual greeting.

Blessed Father, thank You for the opportunity and privilege of speaking Your Truth in our neighborhoods. How I ask that You would guide and direct whatever may come of our intent to gather together and speak of You.

Mm, Blessed God, I love You. I love getting to look outside and be blessed by the beauty that surrounds us. I love being able to read and study Your Word openly and regularly. Thank You for the privileges and opportunities we often take for granted.

This morning I am drawn to Matthew 6:25-34. Not worrying about tomorrow. The Message provides such an easy understanding to this Truth. “Give your attention to what God is doing right now, and don't get worked up about what may or may not happen tomorrow. God will help you deal with whatever hard things come up when the time comes.” Mm. Yes!

Father, how I thank and praise You for teaching us that this is truly the way to approach each day. Trustingly. Expectantly. Joyously.

The Life Recovery Bible stresses Your Truth. “Each day there is something to find joy in, and there is strength promised for the troubles of that day. The psalmist wrote, 'This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it' (Psalm 118:24). We, too, can choose to find joy, strength, and sanity when we accept each day's realities.”

Mm. Yes, Lord. One day at a time. Expecting to experience love, beauty and happiness. Thank You Father. Continue helping me to look to You through it all. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(418 words ~ 8:53 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment