Monday, March 2, 2015

a fresh start

Monday, March 2, 2015 (6:16 a.m.)

(7:36 a.m.)
Most Holy God,

Awesome, Incredible, Blessed, Holy God, how greatly I thank and praise You. I start. Stop. And start again. Mm. Yes. A fresh start.

Father, how I thank You. I took the time to take care of unfinished business from yesterday. Business that remained unfinished due to my own choices. Thank You for the prompt into action.
(7:57 a.m.)
And again. A missing phone found. Thank You Father.

Thank You for brisk clean air to breathe and feel chilled by. Thank You for the gratitude of warmth and dryness. Thank You for the desire to share. Thank You for the opportunity to peruse Your Word. And learn.

Father, You are mighty. Powerful. Generous. Slow to become angry. And quick to forgive (Numbers14:18). I get to sit here and contemplate these things. Thank You for the privilege of reading of Your love. Your power. Your plan. And forgiveness.

Page after page I read of fresh starts, repeated failures and Your promises of healing (Hosea 14:4). I just heard my soul cry out, “I can't stand it!” You are so good. So perfect. Loving. Caring. Spot on incredible. Your mercies fall afresh every single day (Lamentations 3:23). I do nothing to deserve them, yet here they are.

Thank You Father! Thank You for the honor of being Your child. Thank You for the joy that is truly found in being loved by You. Thank You for the Truth Your Word speaks into our beings.

Thank You for taking me to Lamentations (2:15) yesterday and again today (Chapter 5). Thank You for moving me over to the prophet Hosea's example of Your unfailing love. Thank You for word pictures filled with new beginnings and fresh starts (Hosea 14:5-8).

Father, I love You. Let me use that love well today. There are things to accomplish. Guide, direct, inspire me to Your chief end. To glorify and enjoy You forever. Thank You for yet another fresh start. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(336 words ~ 8:54 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment