Tuesday, March 10, 2015

practice joy

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy, Loving God,

Thank You for Your love. Thank You that You are all You are. Thank You that You are our strength (Isaiah 33:2). Yes. Thank You God.

I get to sit here and look, think, ponder, hope. You allow us to wonder. Wander. Contemplate. And never be far from You (Acts 17:27).

I confess to You a deep feeling of sadness right now. Rather than dwell there, again I look to You. Your Word. Your Truth. Your promises. I intentionally seek joy. Talk to me this morning about all You want me to practice.

Joy. Yes. Practice joy. Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord. Let the earth here His voice! Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord, Let the people rejoice! O come to the Father through Jesus the Son, And give Him the glory – great things He hath done!

Yes. Amen. Great things You have done! Those are the things on which I long to focus. I tend to look at the mistakes and messes I make instead of looking to You. You give us all such choices. Go this way? Or that? Say this? Do that? Forgive me Father for the times I push too hard. Come across too gruff.

You are who I long to glorify. How I love reading Your Word and catching myself smile. Whether it's on my face, heart or soul, it represents You working in and through me. Blessed Father, thank You.

Thank You that every time I pause long enough to collect my thoughts and weigh them through Your Truth, I find myself at a crossroad. Continue going in my own will, attempting to generate enough strength and power to complete a task. Or turn and run into Your ever waiting arms. Thank You Father for Your ever waiting arms.

Yes. Yet another attribute of Yours for which to be grateful. And one more opportunity to practice joy. Thank You Father. Thank You for Your Truth. Your promises. Your love. The things in this world that truly cause us to smile. I love You Father. Empower and enable me to wear You well this day.

The Living Bible provides a joyful rendition of Psalm 126:2-4. “How we laughed and sang for joy. And the other nations said, 'What amazing things the Lord has done for them.' Yes, glorious things! What wonder! What joy! May we be refreshed as by streams in the desert.”

Thank You Father for refreshment. Joy. Wonder. Peace. Patience. Kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control (Galatians 5:22-23a). All these things we are afforded because of Your great love for each of us. Thank You for Your tender care. Thank You for... YOU!

I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(458 words ~ 8:18 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment