Wednesday, March 4, 2015

And most of all? PRAY!

Wednesday, Mar 4, 2015 (7:52 a.m.)
Holy God,

Thank You. I got lost yesterday. Took a wrong turn. Didn't quite know where I was. Still don't know exactly how I got there. But You calmed me. Gave me good instincts. Allowed me to yell my frustrations and embarrassment to You.

Thank You for being such a loving, comforting God. You reminded me to breathe deeply. Not to be afraid. To stop. Ask for help. Follow directions. And pray. Most of all... pray!

Mm, yes. I didn't think of it yesterday. “Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done” (Philippians 4:6).

Instead I very loudly went with, “You have not given me a spirit of fear; but of strength [Your Word actually says, “power”], love and a sound mind” (2 Timothy 1:7). Thank You for calming me enough to recognize the need to shut off the praise music and get down to the serious business of being real with You.

I confessed my fear. Embarrassment. Shame. Such an easy side trip having gone so wrong. Father, thank You for the presence of mind to call out for help. From You. And another.

Thank You that in the very midst of being completely rattled by frustration and fear, there You were in the beauty of it all. Yes. What was supposed to be an easy off and right back on the freeway detour of beautiful green rolling hills turned into a gorgeous view of snow capped mountains and cherry blossoms.

Father, thank You for the reminder to pay attention to detail. To ask more questions. Not go off half-cocked. Thank You for meeting me in the midst of chaos. And most of all? To pray!

This morning Father, I ask You to guide and direct my decision making process. Help me, much like the toddler I can be at times, to make good choices! I love You Dad. And I truly want to serve You well. Glorifying and enjoying You forever. Make it so I pray. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(354 words ~ 8:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment