Wednesday, March 11, 2015

seeking God

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 (7:16 a.m.)
Holy God,

It's cruise ship pretty out there. A blanket of clouds covering the sky with just a hint of color. Beautiful. Thought provoking. Father, thank You for the beauty that is found when we seek it. When we seek You.

Mm. This morning I am seeking You.
(7:52 a.m.)

And in doing so I come again to the prophet Isaiah. Father, how I thank You for all I am getting to learn of and from him. Thank You for his obedience to You. Thank You for his willingness to speak Your Truth to Your wayward people.

Mm, Father. Thank You that I am able to sit here and read not only his prophesies, but the fulfillment of them as well. Thank You that just as he had foretold the coming and victory of Jesus, we have the whole New Testament of Your Word affirming its actualization.

Looking again to the beauty I see just outside our window, my heart swells to the point of near bursting. You bless us so profoundly. A chance phone call by a mom from several years ago adds greatly to the joy of this day. Thank You Father.

Thank You for the opportunity of seeking You. Your will and Your way. Thank You for what The Message has to say about being Committed to Seeking God. Isaiah 51:1, “Listen to me, all you who are serious about right living and committed to seeking God. Ponder the rock from which you were cut, the quarry from which you were dug.”

We are called to seek You and ponder. Many are the times I remember to take exactly that opportunity. Thank You Father. Thank You for Your leading and Your guidance. Empower and enable me to use Your strength, power, gifts and love wisely and well this day.

I love You. And I long to serve You as You wish to be served. Freely. Intentionally. Without reservation. Do all You must to make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(341 words ~ 8:30 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment