Tuesday, December 16, 2014

united hearts and one voice

Sunday, December 14, 2014 (5:39 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy Father God,

Thank You. Thank You for Your patience with us. Thank You for loving us so much.

I confess. I'm still practicing. And all too often it seems the more I practice the worse I get. Thank You that You are perfect and You sent Your perfect Son to protect us from ourselves (Romans 4:23-25).

Thank You that I get to mope and pout and wander and wonder and mope and pout some more and the very moment I turn back to You, Your light of Truth shines through. Thank You that You are light. Thank You that You are Truth.

Thank You that as I came to Your Word searching for confirmation of Your patience with us, my mistake in turning to Romans 15:5 took me instead to chapter 5, verse 6. Thank You that even in our mistakes we are blessed. Verse 3 even speaks to that.

“We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they are good for us – they help us learn to endure.” I confess to not doing a lot of rejoicing lately. Grousing? Yes. Grumbling? That too. Forgive me I pray.

You have provided our every single need. You've blessed us with so very many extras. Forgive me for looking past all the wonders and blessings and focusing instead on the wishes of an unknowing, immature heart.

Blessed Father, I love You so much. As we continue preparing our hearts and our homes for the celebration of the birth of Your Precious Son, guide and protect from ourselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment