Thursday, December 4, 2014

fascinating

Thursday, December 4, 2014 (4:34 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy Father,

I've been using the word fascinating recently. Often without even realizing it. I thought I'd see what Your Word has to say about it and I find myself in the book of Acts, reading some pretty fascinating stuff.
(5:43 a.m.)

What I may again find most fascinating is how very little I truly know about each individual book that comprises the whole of The Bible.
(7:21 a.m.)

Faithful Father, I read the history that Dr. Luke so meticulously wrote down and I truly am fascinated by Your power. Your faithfulness. Your love. Your plan. Your attention to every single detail.

Thank You for loving us so much. Thank You for sending Your Son to right our every wrong. I am overcome with the excitement [agog] that comes from knowing You to be the good and gracious God that You are.

Reading most about the power of Your Holy Spirit (Acts 1:8), I get to see how Simon Peter “was transformed from an impulsive and unreliable, though well-intentioned, follower of Jesus, to a bold and dedicated leader” (The Life Recovery Bible introduction of Acts).

I am again reminded that the Holy Spirit has the power to change our very lives. You can transform us into exactly all You want us to be. Blessed Father, how I long for that kind of reworking of me.

Cornelius (Acts 10) believed You as he understood You. Oh, but You had more for him to experience in his walk with You. Thank You for his (and Peter's) faithfulness. Thank You for the work You did in and through both of them and those who followed.

Work in and through me I pray Dear, Blessed Father. I truly long to be the faithful woman of Yours that You have set me aside to be. Do all You must for me to follow You as You wish. I love You. I long to serve You well. Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(334 words ~ 7:46 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment