Sunday, December 7, 2014

talented, creative people

Sunday, December 7, 2014 (5:44 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. I woke again with ideas. And thoughts. And much love for You. Thank You.

Thank You for an action packed yesterday. We left early and came home late. There was interaction with talented, creative people. Very talented and creative people!

And there You go... getting my attention again, in the most unexpected way. Father, thank You. Thank You for loving and caring so much about us.

Thank You that I get to take a simple observation to Your Word and come away with another “Aha!” moment. In The Message Luke retells Jesus' teaching about streetwise people being smarter than law-abiding citizens. He said, “They are on constant alert, looking for angles, surviving by their wits” (16:8-9).

I am known to be a rule follower. How I ask that You would temper my quest to dot all i's and cross all t's. It can be tedious and time consuming. Help me become one who is working hard for Your Kingdom.

The Message paraphrases Dr. Luke quoting Jesus as saying, “I want you to be smart in the same way – but for what is right – using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival, to concentrate your attention on the bare essentials, so you'll, really live, and not complacently just get by on your good behavior.”

Ye-ow-ch! Talk about “pulling my covers” and hitting me right where I live! I have tears of non understanding.

At church last night the pastor spoke about the importance of using our resources to plan ahead for eternity. I know I'm not doing that well.

The Voice presents Jesus' words this way, “Learn some lessons from this crooked but clever asset manager. Realize that the purpose of money is to strengthen friendships, to provide opportunities for being generous and kind. Eventually money will be useless to you – but if you use it generously to serve others, you will be welcomed joyfully into your eternal destination.”

Mm. Please Father. Work in me that I would truly become one who shares generously and kindly.

Talented and creative. Generous and kind. These are words I long to have spoken of me. Do all You must Blessed Father. My life is truly in Your hands. I love You. Thank You. Amen.
(385 words ~ 6:44 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment