Friday, December 5, 2014

exalted above all things

Friday, Dec 5, 2014 (5:37 a.m.)
Most Holy Father God,

Thank You that You are indeed most holy. David sang of it in his Psalm (138:2, The Message). Thank You that through his love for You we get to be reminded of Your loving faithfulness.

Thank You that because of the works of so many others, we have an abundance of translations and paraphrases with which to compare seemingly simple words. “Most holy” becomes “exalted above all things”, “supreme”, “magnified”, “honored”, “greater than everything else”, “even more famous”, “raised up”, “backed by all the honor”, “over all things and all times”.

It's the phrasing of the New English Translation that got me up out of my chair and outside to witness the unfolding of the colors in the sky up close and personal. Thank You for reminding me to look. What must it even be like to 'have Your promise exalted above the entire sky'?

The beauty we see from our limited vantage points can only pale in comparison to all else You have in store for us. Father, thank You. Thank You that You are indeed most holy. Let us practice living our lives to reflect all that means.

I love You. I give You this day to do in and with, by and for me all that You desire. I love You. I want to serve You well. Make it so Dear Lord, make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(236 words ~ 6:45 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment