Tuesday, December 2, 2014

asking for focus

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 (5:35 a.m.)
Awesome, Holy God,

Thank You. There was sleep. Enough for dreams. Now I am asking for focus. On the things You would have me see.

Your Word has much to say about focus. Where we are to put ours. Where many in ancient times placed theirs.

Right now I'm paying close attention to the shading taking place in the sky. It's not as much about colors this morning as it is variations. There's light and dark. An occasional hint at blue. Then back to various stages of light and dark.

Thank You Father. As I sit here asking You for focus, I remember choosing to be amazed the other morning. May that truly be our Advent theme this year? That we would each be absolutely amazed by You!

You sent us Your Son. How amazing is that? We have opportunity for direct contact with You. Another focus by which to be amazed. We have ready access to Your written Word. Filled with Your promises, miracles, warnings, history and amazing grace.

We are blessed. There is absolutely no doubt about that. What a perfect time to be reminded of the “huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith” surrounding us (Hebrews 12:1). You would have us “strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily hinders our progress.”

Dearest, Blessed Father, how I ask for the focus to “run with endurance the race that God has set before us”. Always remembering that “We do this by keeping our eyes [FOCUS!] on Jesus, on whom our faith depends from start to finish” (v. 2a).

Yes. Holy God, keep our focus on the TRUE “Reason for the Season” we are preparing to celebrate. I love You. I need You. I want You. And I long to serve You. Well! Use me as You wish. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(320 words ~ 6:57 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment