Wednesday, December 17, 2014

trifles vs. Truth

Wednesday, December 17, 2014 (6:24 a.m.)
Blessed, Holy Father,

Thank You. Thank You for taking time with us. Thank You for redirecting hurting hearts, minds and souls. Thank You for the HOPE that comes from believing Your Word.

Blessed Father, I love You. I haven't been acting like it much lately. But I do. I DO love YOU! Thank You for that gift. That privilege. I can behave badly. Act like a brat and still be loved. Unconditionally by the Creator of the Universe.

Wow! Thank You. I haven't said a heartfelt “Wow!” to You in a very long time. Forgive me. Forgive my shortsightedness. Forgive the trifles I have allowed to get in the way of Your Truth. Thank You for spelling it out to me in such a way just now.

Thank You that through hope and faith and trust in You we are able to stand up against the most crushing, devastating blows. Thank You that You are good. Always good. Thank You that You will always do for us that which we can't possibly do on our own (2 Corinthians 3:5).

Thank You that I get to sit here, turning page after page finding hope. My heart is singing Hallelujah to the Lord of heaven and earth for the first time since I can remember. Yes Father. My heart is singing to You again. Thank You!

Thank You that Your Truth and promises are spelled out for us. They don't change. You don't change.

Thank You for verses to hold onto. There are all the ones foretelling Your Son's holy birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:26-38). There are songs that go along with them. Arise, Shine;Emmanuel All messages to remind us that we are not in our problems alone. You know what You are doing!

Holy God, thank You for the hope and joy that comes from knowing to trust and believe Your Word. Ethan the Ezrahite knew to sing Your praises. Psalm 89 begins by his pledge to sing of Your tender mercies.

How poetic are his descriptions. “With Your well-muscled arm and Your grip of steel – nobody trifles with You! The Right and Justice are the roots of Your rule; Love and Truth are its fruits. Blessed are the people who know the passwords of praise, who shout on parade in the bright presence of GOD” (Psalm 89:13-15 The Message).

Father, how I thank You. Thank You for lightening my heart. Infusing it with Your joy.

“Delighted they dance all day long; they know who You are, what You do – they can't keep it quiet! Your vibrant beauty has gotten inside us – You've been so good to us! We're walking on air! All we are and have we owe to GOD, Holy God of Israel, our King!” (vs. 16-18).

I confess to not living this Truth. In my own strength and power I have been attempting to manufacture what only You can provide. Forgive me. Thank You for again speaking Your Truth into my feeble being.

Your prophet Nahum spoke to the people of Judah and Nineveh “to prophesy the overthrow of Assyria, showing that God is all-powerful and fully able to help those who are oppressed and in trouble” (THE BOTTOM LINE The Life Recovery Bible).

In so doing he reminded them, “GOD is serious business. He won't be trifled with. He avenges His foes. He stands up against His enemies, fierce and raging. But GOD doesn't lose His temper. He's powerful, but it's a patient power. Still, no one gets by with anything. Sooner or later everyone pays” (Nahum 1:2-3).

In the comments of these verses there is much written about Your willingness to help us. You are presented as “a power greater than ourself to help us make the changes needed for a restored life. God is all-knowing, righteous, all-powerful and good.”

The comment to Ethan's psalm says, “God created and sustains everything that exists. He is extremely powerful, and He displays righteousness, truth, justice, and unfailing love. When we are powerless, it only makes sense to turn to God. He has the power we need to overcome our dependencies. As we remain close to Him and do His will, we will experience deliverance and discover true freedom.”

Father I desperately need Your help in my self-imposed battle with trifles. Provide my every need in choosing instead Your glorious, healing Truth.

How I love You. How I thank You. And how I truly ASK (Matthew 7:7) You to continue Your work in me. Take away all that is not pleasing to Your sight. I love You. I want that to be seen more than anything. Thank You Father. I love You. Amen.
(785 words ~ 8:02 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment