Sunday, December 7, 2014

expandable, NOT expendable!

Saturday, December 6, 2014 (5:16 a.m.)
Blessed Father,

Thank You. There are so many thoughts this morning. So many words. Help me sort through them to where You would have me.
(5:58 a.m.)

Searching Your Word. Reading. Wondering. Asking. Praying. Praising.

Seeing the word 'expandables' in a desk here made me think 'expendable' and I went straight to The Message, followed immediately by the dictionary.

One letter changes the whole definition. The 'a' makes the word mean 'to spread out'. The 'e'? To spend or use up. A simple search of 'expend' found nothing for me. While 'expand' yielded much. 

David's lungs expanded with praise to You (Psalm 34:1). King Solomon knew that fear of You expands our lives (Proverbs 10:22; 27). Isaiah (9:2-7) told of joy expanding and the coming of Your precious Son. Paul described to the Romans (5:9-11) how Jesus set them right with You, “by means of His sacrificial death... now that we're at our best, just think of how our lives will expand and deepen by means of His resurrection life!”

Paul also wrote to the church at Corinth, explaining new life in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:17) and hoping “that as your lives grow in faith, you'll play a part in our expanding work” (10:15).

Blessed Father, I pray this morning asking You to make me expandable. Not expendable. I love You. I long to serve You well. Make it so Blessed Father. Make it so. Thank You. I love You. Amen.

(247 words ~ 6:38 a.m.)


No comments:

Post a Comment