Wednesday, December 10, 2014

three word combo

Wednesday, December 10, 2014 (6:49 a.m.)
Holy Awesome God,

Thank You. Thank You for being holy. Thank You for being awesome.

(8:24 a.m.)
Thank You for all You provide.

As I sit here considering You, I am again blown away. A simple three word combination led me to Exodus 15:11. I love when Your Word leaves me speechless and digging for more.

Reading back to Your miraculous rescue of Your chosen people (Exodus 13 – on) I so closely identify with their selective memories. You saved them. Guided and directed their every steps. Their response?

Illustrated Bible Handbook, “The reaction of Israel is significant, and the theme is repeated over and over in the next four chapters. Although God acts to provide for His people, in each emergency they grow less grateful and more rebellious.”

Isn't it sad that when I tell You I want to represent Your Word well, these are the examples I most resemble!

Father, thank You that every single time I come to You I get to be reminded of so many things. I get to learn more. Be refreshed. Renewed. Prompted to remember.

The Message yielded one verse for the search “holy, awesome, God”. Moses' Song of Deliverance (Exodus 15:1-21) immediately followed the Escape through the Red Sea (Exodus 14:15-31). Your people were fickle. They needed constant reminders of Your holiness. How much more do I resemble them?

“Who compares with You among gods, O GOD? Who compares with You in power, in holy majesty, In awesome praises, wonder-working God?” (Exodus 15:11).

The Easy-to-Read Version puts it even more simply. “Are there any gods like the LORD? No, there are no gods like You – You are wonderfully holy! You are amazingly powerful! You do great miracles!”

Remind me Father. Refresh and renew me to following You as You wish. Honestly. Openly. Willingly. I love You and want to represent well Your holiness. Your awesomeness. Your Godliness. You are God. I am not. Let me live this day to Your fullest!

Thank You. I love You. Amen.
(342 words ~ 9:32 a.m.)

No comments:

Post a Comment